- Cancellation & Refund Policy.
- Cancellation by Either Party. Either party may cancel 14 days(14) calendar days or more before the date of service. In this situation, the full amount of Client’s advance will be refunded.
- Cancellation by Define Organic. Define Organic may cancel in the event it cannot obtain the appropriate Chef for a Client’s service, or for a reason outside the reasonable control of Define Organic, but shall strive to give Client as much notice as is practicable. In the event of such cancellation, Define Organic will refund the full service amount paid by Client.
- Cancellation by Client. If Client cancels five (5) days prior to the date of service, Client’s advance will be refunded to Client, after deducting the following fees: i) a one hundred dollar ($100) cancellation fee, ii) reimbursement for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Define Organic, and iii) a fee of seventy-five dollars ($75) for Chef reserved on Client’s behalf. Cancellation within three (3) days or less of the date of the event will result in a forfeiture of Client’s entire advance. In addition to forfeiture of the advance, Define Organic reserves the right to request reimbursement for all out-of pocket expenses incurred by Define Organic on behalf Client. Such reimbursement is in addition to the forfeited advance.
d.Failure to place an order. If Client forgets to place an order by the due date, Define Organic reserves the right to choose on behalf of Client. Keeping in mind Clients taste and previous orders. Client will receive a copy of the menu by email and has 1 day to reply if any modification of the menu is needed. If Client doesn’t reply within one (1) day, Define Organic will proceed with order and process as usual and Food will be prepared at clients cost.
e.Refund: If Client has to go out of town unexpectedly due business or personal emergency, Define Organic will issue a full refund of service to Client. If Define Organic has shopped already, the Client will be responsible for paying the groceries bill.
f.Food Replacement: Define Organic Chefs are expected to deliver the best quality of service. Define Organic Chefs are advised to follow recipes and stay true to the list of ingredients on the Menu. If the Chef fails to do so and the Client feels the food was not made as it was described by Define Organic, the Chef will replace the dish within a 2 (two) days period. Chef has the right to request the dish back for further evaluation. It is not Define Organic or Chef’s responsibility to replace a dish if Client simply didn’t like the recipe.
g.Substitutions.Define Organic Chefs reserves sole discretion to substitute seasonal or specialty grocery items because of availability, freshness or quality. Please advise Define Organic if only organic or if locally grown is Ok as well.
h.In home Service kitchen Rules: Client is responsible to have a fully equipped clean kitchen for Define Organic Chef’s to perform at their best abilities, if Chef has to clean dishes, floor, stove etc to be able to perform his/hers job, Define Organic reserves the right to charge an extra cleaning fee of $50. Define Organic Chefs needs full use of the kitchen while cooking, it is the Client’s responsibility to keep children, friends, family members, staff and animals away from the kitchen area.
i.Delivery Rules: Food will be prepared by one of Define Organic Chefs and it will be properly labeled and packed for delivery. If Client requests for food to be put away, The Chef will need to have access to enter the house at the time of arrival. If no one is home and Define Organic Chef can’t get in the house, food will be placed by the front door at clients’ own risk.
- Communication Methods: Define Organic will create a group message using Whatsapp between Client, Define Organic & Chef, please only use this method of communication. If you need to share a recipe please email Define Organic [email protected] and we will make sure the Chef will receive your email.
- Termination of Service Agreement.
- Termination by Client. Client may terminate the contract 14 days(14) calendar days or more before the date the client intends to stop use of service permanently . In this situation, the full amount of Client’s advance deposit will be refunded on the last service day.
- Termination by Define Organic. Define Organic may terminate the contract in the event it cannot obtain the appropriate Chef for a Client’s service, or for a reason outside the reasonable control of Define Organic, but shall strive to give Client as much notice as is practicable. In the event of such cancellation, Define Organic will refund the security deposit paid by Client in full.
- Last minute Termination by Client. If Client terminates the contract five (5) days prior to the date of service, Client’s advance will be refunded to Client, after deducting the following fees: i) a one hundred dollar ($100) cancellation fee, ii) reimbursement for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Define Organic, and iii) a fee of one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) for Chef reserved on Client’s behalf. Cancellation within two (3) days or less of the date of the event will result in a forfeiture of Client’s entire advance. In addition to forfeiture of the advance, Define Organic reserves the right to request reimbursement for all out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Define Organic on behalf of Client. Such reimbursement is in addition to the forfeited advance.
- Limitation of Liability. The chef, service staff, equipment and food prepared for Client are all provided by or through Define Organic entirely at the Client’s risk. Define Organic shall be under no liability to the Client for any loss or damage resulting from any defect in the services or food, or the failure of any equipment or supplies, regardless of whether Define Organic had any prior knowledge. Define Organic is not liable for any injuries sustained as a result of Define Organic’s involvement at a Client’s event, including but not limited to any injury resulting from the action or inaction of the chef or service staff, or sickness from any food prepared. It is the sole obligation of Client to discern the potential of Client, Client’s family members or Client’s guests for allergic reactions, and Client’s obligation to affirmatively discern from the chef what ingredients pose a special threat.
- Allergies & Restrictive Diets: The Client is responsible for providing a complete written copy of the list of ingredients Client is allergic to. Clients will also be responsible to complete the allergies form when placing every order to ensure safety.
- Placement Fee. Should Client hire or engage an employee, independent contractor, or sub-contractor of Define Organic directly, Client agrees to pay Define Organic an amount equal to twenty-five percent (25%) of all remuneration paid to such individual for the one (1) year period commencing on the date the individual first performs such direct services for Client, as a placement fee, regardless of the duration of employment or engagement or whether the worker is employed on a permanent, temporary or consulting basis. In no event may the compensation against which the placement fee owed to Define Organic is determined be less than reasonably comparable compensation for a similar position in a similar assignment. If Client fails to provide reasonably adequate proof of the total remuneration paid to the worker for the one (1) year period, then it shall be rebuttably presumed that the worker worked for the Client for 6 hours per week, for 12 weeks during the one (1) year period. Whether such a placement is with or without Define Organic permission, Client is solely responsible, and Define Organic expressly disclaims all responsibility for, all background checks, contacts, references, interviewing, screening, and the drafting responsibility for any employment or other agreements. Define Organic makes no guarantee, express or implied, that the individual hired will remain with Client for any particular length of time, or that the individual’s services will be of a certain quality.